518 Flooring Our service areas include:
What type of sunroom is ideal for you?
Luckily for you, with only two main sunroom types, choosing the perfect option is easy.
- 3-Season Sunrooms: 3-season sunrooms are just what they sound like – spaces built to be occupied throughout just 3 seasons of the year: spring, summer, and fall. Though they are close in appearance to a 4 season sunroom, there are structural differences that distinguish them.
The main differentiating factor of this room type is that it’s not built to retain heat. The glass and frame selections normally installed for this option are not considered for their insulation capacity. Thus, the room is unusable offseason on all but the mildest of winter days.
If you only plan to use your sunroom for part of the year, 3-season selections may be a great option for you, as they are more budget-friendly.
- 4-Season Sunrooms: Though a bit more pricey, selecting a 4-season sunroom ensures that you may use it on an unlimited basis throughout the year.
A 4-season sunroom is built with frame and glass choices that are optimized to maintain
comfortably mild temperatures, regardless of whether there is a snowstorm or a brutal heatwave outside.
For those of you who work at home, a 4-season sunroom may be an ideal office space for you, as you will be able to work in natural light throughout the day which can greatly increase your level of focus while incurring very few electricity costs.
Unsurprisingly, with this convenience, does come extra cost. For those of you who wish to use your room year-round, however, there’s no better choice than a 4-season.
What are the options for renovation of remodeling a sunroom?
There are a wide variety of options available to you if you are in the market to spruce up or refresh a sunroom already present in your home. Below are just a handful of the 518.Renovations team’s favorite renovation or remodeling possibilities.
- Flooring: When selecting an ideal flooring option for your sunroom, remember that it will be in direct sunlight for a large portion of the day. For this reason, it’s essential to choose a durable option like wood, concrete, or tile that won’t damage easily.
- Lighting: To make your sunroom even more versatile, install aesthetically appealing artificial lighting fixtures, thus changing a daytime-only room to the perfect spot to spend your evenings under the stars or the treetops above.
- Windows/Screening: Update your sunroom by adding stunning picture windows or replacing failing screens to keep your space pest-free. Select your glass depending on whether you wish for a 3-season or 4-season space.
- Roof Replacement: Many older sunrooms sport roofs that fail in snowy conditions. Frequently, heavy snows may lead to leaks which can damage sunroom frames so much that they can even necessitate frame replacement to prevent a dangerous potential roof collapse.
If your roof is not sufficiently suited to handle local weather conditions, 518.Renovations will take the time to replace it for you with a safe and sturdy model properly constructed to handle snow weights and prevent framedamage.
- Temperature Control: Though glass selection is often the biggest factor determining whether you are losing heat in winter or stifling in it in the summer, there are additional improvements that can be made. Remember that insulating your sunroom against extreme weather can save on energy costs over the long run.
Our staff is happy to seal up any leaks in your window frames to keep out the heat and cold, as well as install ceiling fans to provide comfort during the dog days of summer.
If your sunroom is not connected to your home’s heating and cooling system, you may wish to consider setting that up. Doing so will allow you to enjoy this comforting space to the fullest extent possible.
What budgeting factors should you consider?
The cost of renovating or remodeling a sunroom can vary widely. There are many luxury as well as budget-friendly options available depending on your needs and tastes.
Do keep in mind that when you sell your home, a well-done sunroom renovation or remodel can add value to your property. Consider that a 4-season rather than a 3-season option may be more attractive to potential buyers as it’s more versatile.
Last but not least, we recommend that you always consult and select a well-respected professional for any sunroom renovation, upgrade or addition. Taking on such projects yourself or going with the cheapest contractor available may cost you more in the long run should problems arise.
Reach out to our staff 518.Renovations today at ADD PHONE OR EMAIL HERE or fill in our contact form at ADD URL to schedule your consultation. You’ll be amazed by the possibilities your sunroom space offers.
Is a 3-Season or 4-Season Sunroom Right for You?
Remodeling & Renovation Options
There are few rooms in a home with as many natural advantages as a sunroom. As the name implies, sunrooms provide all the benefits of the outdoors like sun or moonlight, green surroundings, and a relaxing ambiance while avoiding pitfalls like downpours, seasonal allergy triggers, and insects.
For those of you who have a sunroom you just aren’t happy with, you may be surprised to learn how much potential beauty and value this peaceful space can add to your home when it’s properly and safely remodeled or renovated.
If you do not currently have a sunroom and are interested in learning about constructing one as an addition to your home, contact us
Before we get into the nitty-gritty of remodeling and renovation options for your space, we would like to lay out a few considerations first to help you clarify whether a 3-season or a 4-season sunroom will best suit your needs and budget.